So you want to make a schedule that your young child will actually understand a follow.
Well, check out this short video blog for one mom’s experience.
Tips for creating schedules with young kids:
- Have them help
- Let them decide on the order of some things
- Use post-its so you can change up the order as needed
- Be sure there are fun things on that schedule too
- Use pictures and words, especially important if the children can’t read yet
- Expect there to be hiccups and mix-ups, it takes a while to establish a routine.
- Stop things that aren’t working. For real. If it doesn’t work, don’t do it. Change it up as needed.
Check out our fun 1-minute challenge videos for more ideas on what to add to your kid-friendly schedule each day.